Hello x2 FAQ
1. Hello X2 cannot be fixed on the upper right corner of the monitor
(1) Check if the Silicone Pad is used correctly. Silicone Pad A is suitable for installing the monitor with flat back, and Silicone Pad B is suitable for installing the monitor with rugged back.
(2) Check if the back clip and silicone pad are used correctly
Back Clip A + Silicone Pad A: Suitable for monitors with thickness of 4.5-18mm
Back Clip A + Silicone Pad B: Suitable for monitors with thickness of 1-12.5mm
Back Clip B + Silicone Pad A: Suitable for monitors with thickness of 13.5-28mm
Back Clip B + Silicone Pad B: Suitable for monitors with thickness of 8-21mm
(3) Tighten the knob on the back of Hello X2
2. HelloX software installation reminder
Please watch below video if you have any problem when installing HelloX software.
3. The detector does not light up
(1) Check if there is USB-SERIAL CH340 under the device manager.
(2) If there is no USB-SERIAL CH340, please enter the installation folder and run DOCTOR.EXE, then install the CH340 driver as prompted. After completing the installation, you must restart the software and reconnect to Hello X2.
(3) If the is a USB-SERIAL CH340, please just restart the software and reconnect Hello X2.
4. Unable to click adjustment and calibration
(1) Make sure you have used the original USB cable to connect Hello X2 with the computer.
(2) Run HelloX software, if it prompts abnormal function. Please reinstall the HelloX software.
5. How to use Hello X2 on another screen?
(1) Fix Hello X2 on the second display.
(2) Select copy these displays in the multiple displays.
(3) Fill in the size of the second screen in the HelloX settings manually then adjustment and calibration after saving the settings.
(4) You can touch on the second display now.
Please note you can only use a single screen at the same time.
6. Calibration abnormal
(1) Do not place other objects beside the monitor.
(2) Touch the calibration circle that show on the monitor with your finger accurately. Your finger must press and hold the centre of the circle.
7. How to upgrade the HelloX software ?
(1) Click the check button in the setting version page.
(2) If there is a new version, you will be prompted to upgrade the software.
8. Hello X2 cannot be fixed on the upper right corner of the monitor
(1) Make sure the software is running and the USB cable is connected.
(2) Check the material of the monitor frame, if it is metal, paste insulating paper on the surface of Hello X2.
9.The detector does not turn on the green light
(1) Ensure that the correct frame type is selected (select the frame type when installing the software; if you need to modify it, you can go to the settings-installation settings to modify), and strictly follow the steps from adjustment page.
(2) When adjusting the knob, do not adjust by a large margin, fine-tune and observe the change of the indicator light of the detector
10. Calibration is not successful
(1) Use the correct monitor. Monitors with a outer frame higher than 4mm above the screen and curved screens are not supported (the monitor manufacturer will design the frame to be slightly higher than the screen surface to protect the screen).
(2) Make sure to select the correct frame type (select the frame type when installing the software; you can go to the settings-installation settings to modify the frame type), and strictly follow the steps from adjustment page.
(3) Do not place other objects beside the screen during calibration, and keep the screen surface clean.
(4) Only one finger can touch the screen during calibration; long press the calibration circle, and do not click quickly.
(5) (a) The calibration of the first circle is not successful, unplug the USB cable and exit the calibration interface and try again
(b) The calibration of other circles is not successful, exit the calibration interface and try again
11.When tapping the Hello X2 indicator light, it cannot sleep or wake up
(1) (a) Green Light - tap to sleep
(b) Yellow Light - tap to wake up
(c) Red Light - you cannot sleep or wake up
(2) If you still cannot sleep or wake up, unplug the USB cable and try again.
12.When clicking the [Sleep] or [Wake up] button in the software menu, it cannot sleep or wake up
(1) The button cannot be activated when it is in gray color, calibrate again to activate the button.
(2) If the button is activated and still unable to sleep or wake up, try again after unplugging the USB cable.
13.No response to touch
(1) Ensure the software is running, Hello X2 has been correctly installed in the upper right corner of the monitor, and the USB cable has been connected.
(2) Observe the color of the Hello X2 indicator light:
(a) Red - adjustment & calibration is required
(c) Yellow, touch the indicator light or click the [Wake] button in the software menu to wake it up
14.Some areas do not respond when touched
(1) To adjust & calibrate again, you must strictly follow the steps on the adjustment page. When calibrating, you must press and hold the center of the circle without shifting.
(2) Use correct touch screen gestures to ensure that only one finger touches the screen.
15.Automatically click other places when touching
(1) Do not place other objects next to the screen, and keep the screen surface clean.
(2) When two Hello X2s are used in the same space at the same time, the distance between them should be kept at least 5m.
(3) To adjust & calibrate again, you must strictly follow the steps on the adjustment page. When calibrating, you must press and hold the center of the circle without shifting.
16. No response when zooming with two fingers
(1) Currently only supports single-touch; two-finger zoom is multi-touch which is not supported.
17. Unable to start the software
(1) Open the task manager and check if there is a HelloX program occupied. If it is occupied, try to start the software again after finishing the process, or reinstall the software if it is not occupied.
18.The tray icon of the software disappears
(1) Open the task manager and end all HelloX processes.
(2) Restart the software.
19. Long touch delay on laptop
(1) Turn on the power option on the laptop and turn off the energy-saving mode.
(2) Connect the power cord when the laptop battery is low.
20. Can I install Hello X2 on the upper left corner of the monitor and use it?
(1) Currently, only Hello X2 can be installed in the upper right corner of the monitor.
21. Can Hello X2 support multiple monitors for touch control at the same time?
(1) Hello X2 only supports one monitor for touch control. If other monitors need touch control, you can install Hello X2 on the corresponding monitor.
22.Can Hello X2 be used on any monitor?
(1) Hello X2 supports most monitors of 10-27 inches and thickness of 1-28mm.
(2) Monitors with a raised screen frame exceeding 4mm are not supported (monitor manufacturers will design the frame to be slightly higher than the screen surface to protect the screen).
(3) Does not support curved screen.
23.What systems does Hello X2 support?
(1) Support Win7 and above version system.
(2) Support MacOS 10.11 and above.
(3) Do not support Linux, Android and other systems.
24. Can Hello X2 be used on TV?
(1) Hello X2 does not support TV operating system, so it cannot be used on TV.
25. What are the software CPU and memory usage rates? Will it cause the system to freeze?
(1) The CPU and memory occupancy rate is very low, so it will not cause the system to freeze
26. What is the touch accuracy?
(1) The touch accuracy is 2mm
27. What is the delay time for response?
(1) The delay time is 16ms.
28. What is the difference between mirror screen and matte screen?
(1) Mirror screen: the screen is easy to reflect light, leaving fingerprints after touching.
(2) Matte screen: the screen is not easy to reflect light, and no fingerprints left after touching.
29. How to judge the border type?
(1) The frame is flush with the screen: the frame and the screen are on the same plane.
(2) The frame is higher than the screen: the monitor manufacturer will design the frame to be slightly higher than the screen surface to protect the screen.
30. What should I do if I don't know the screen size?
(1) Measure the length of the diagonal of the screen in cm, then divide by 2.54 to get the inch value.